Solved

Shortcuts on web

• 12 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

The documentation about shortcuts tells me that you can press “Ctrl + Page up” and “Ctrl + Page down” for navigating between tabs. This works for the Windows client, but on Chrome this switches between tabs in the Chrome browser, Firefox ignores it. Did I find here a defect, or an exception for web browsers?

The same for the shortcut Alt + 1, works on Windows switching back to the first tab (Grid or form), but doesn't in web.

Also Ctrl + C doesn't work on the web, where it does on Windows.

Ctrl + Shift should do ‘Automatic alignment of columns’ according to the docs. When I press it nothing happens. When I take a look a the context menu (right mouse click in grid) I see “Resize Columns (Ctrl + Shift + +). I think here's missing a + in the docs.

Ctrl + P should open a print dialog, it does in Windows, but doesn't on web (not even the default print feature of Chrome i.e.).

I notice in the docs there is ‘Ctrl’ + Spatie. That should be Space(bar)?

Is this going to be fixed in the software and/or the documentation?

icon

Best answer by René W 13 March 2020, 14:59

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi René,

You’re right that some of the shortcuts are blocked or result in different behaviour, depending on the browser you use. We will update the documents to reflect this correctly.

Thanks also for noticing the typos!

(By the way, did you know it is possible to suggest changes to the documentation yourself? 😉)

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi René,

You’re right that some of the shortcuts are blocked or result in different behaviour, depending on the browser you use. We will update the documents to reflect this correctly.

Thanks also for noticing the typos!

(By the way, did you know it is possible to suggest changes to the documentation yourself? 😉)

Thanks, I'll do a pull request the next time :-).