Solved

sftp connector not connecting

• 28 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11
I a using the ftp connector with succes so far. At this moment I am trying to connect to a sftp host with the following input:

URL: sftp://server8.servers.am-impact.nl:2222/
ftp_con_enable_ssl: ftp_ssl_on

I am using the ftp_method_nlist to test the connection.

Using this results in a -2 statuscode ( Unsuccessful (invalid URL)). When I change the URL to ftp in stead of sftp I receive a -1 statuscode (Unsuccessful (unknown)). The ftp-statuscode is 0, the description is empty.

With the same url and credentials I can log in to the sftp host using FileZilla, so there seems to be no problem on that side of the connection.

Does anybody know what could be wrong?
icon

Best answer by Vincent Doppenberg 28 February 2019, 11:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi Hugo,

The FTP Connector only supports FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and FTPS (File Transfer Protocol over SSL). It does not support SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol).

With that said, if the server works as a regular FTP-server, then your ftp:// attempt should have worked. Whenever the FTP Connector gives a -1 "Unsuccessful Unknown" status code, the details of the error should be logged in the Debug window of the Windows GUI. Please check the Debug window and post a reply with the details of the error for further assistance.
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
Using URL ftp://server8.servers.am-impact.nl:2222/ gives me the following in the Debug window:

The underlying connection was closed: The server committed a protocol violation.

Using FileZilla I receive the following welcoming answer: SSH-2.0-mod_sftp.

Is there any chance this protocol will be supported in the near future?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
We do not have any plans to support SFTP in the near future, however, you are free to submit an idea. This is the best way to request a new feature as popular ideas have the greatest chance to be implemented in the near future.
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
Ok, thnx for the help.