Solved

Sequence in Process Flow

• 9 September 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I have the following process flow.

In this flow I use a Print Report action that saves a report as pdf-file.
To make sure that the user doesn't get the "file already exists" dialog. I decided to delete a possibly existing file with the same file name (row dependent) first.

Although the process flow looks great 🙂 It doesn't work!

What I see happening is, that the pdf-file is created and immediately deleted. Only the last pdf from the collection of records is not deleted.

It looks like the Print Report step is executed before the delete file connector has been executed.

My first question: How can I prevent the Print Report action from starting before the file has been deleted. I already created a process procedure to control the transition to the next process step, but unfortunately this didn't help either.

My second question: Is there another way to prevent the "file already exists" dialog, when overwriting a report?
icon

Best answer by Jasper 11 September 2019, 09:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Dennis,

The Print report action should only be executed after the Delete file action is finished. Can you check if the file gets deleted correctly if you step through the process flow using the Process flow monitor?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Dennis,

Have you tried my suggestion yet?
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi Jasper,

No I didn't try you solution. Thanks for the tip about the Process Flow Monitor though!

I chose a completely different design for my process flow.
I included a task to execute an external c# function that prints and deletes the reports after the print job.

Regards,
Dennis.