Solved

Send an Outlook invite with a task

• 5 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Is it possible to send an Outlook Meeting invite through a task? For a certain process I have to invite a list of people, now I just copy and paste the emailadresses from the application and paste them in the invite, but I'd like to automate this step.

I know it is possible to send an email, but is a meeting invite possible too?
icon

Best answer by Vincent Doppenberg 5 March 2019, 13:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Yes, it is possible, but the most suitable solution depends on a few factors, most notably the following:

• Are you using an on-premise Exchange server or are you using a cloud solution, i.e. Office 365?
  • Do you already have an Exchange connector configured for syncing Exchange events to the database?
  • If you already have an Exchange connector, is it configured for two-way traffic? In other words, do you also use it to send events from the database to the exchange server?

Depending on the answers to the questions above we can explain the most suitable solution.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Yes, it is possible, but the most suitable solution depends on a few factors, most notably the following:

• Are you using an on-premise Exchange server or are you using a cloud solution, i.e. Office 365?
  • Do you already have an Exchange connector configured for syncing Exchange events to the database?
  • If you already have an Exchange connector, is it configured for two-way traffic? In other words, do you also use it to send events from the database to the exchange server?
Depending on the answers to the questions above we can explain the most suitable solution.

The process I'm talking about is in the Thinkwise Community Portal. So I don't know the answer for 1, but for 2 and 3 I think yes.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
I'm not so sure about the answer to the third point, I actually don't think the Thinkwise Community Portal's Exchange connector is two-way. I do know that we use Office 365 though.

Given that, and the fact that you want to initiate this process with a task, I think the easiest and most long-term viable solution might be to create a process flow and use an HTTP Connector to access Office 365 Outlook's REST API.

However, since this is about the Thinkwise Community Portal, I suggest dropping by to discuss this in greater detail.