Solved

Return grid prosition to a procedure

• 18 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Is there a way to return the position of the cursor in a grid to a procedure.

Normally the DEFAULT procedure is used for this, but it is not executed when you move through a grid.

icon

Best answer by Anne Buit 19 February 2020, 08:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Onno,

Could you be a little more specific?

Are you editing data in the grid or just navigating through records? When editing you should be able to use the default procedure to move the cursor to another field when enabled for the subject/field in the SF.

Which GUI product are we talking about?

Regards,

Erik

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

The basis for the grid is a view with a SQL PIVOT inside, so I'm not able to edit the data in the grid.

The solution I came up with, but might not work, was to create a task which would update the data in the base table of the view. But for that I need to know the location of the cursor in the grid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Onno,

Currently it is not possible to map the selected grid cell to a task parameter. Feel free to post an idea for this at the ideation section so we can discuss this further. There might be some caveats such as multi-selection, task execution by hotkey etc.

The only way to currently achieve the functionality as you described is by using the cubes’ pivot grid component. A task executed on the pivot grid can convey the values used as dimensions to the task parameters of the selected cell.