Solved

Reports (made with CR) error message after updating to SF 2021.1

• 7 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

After updating to SF 2021.1 I get an error message when I want to print a report.

The error message:

Kan bestand of assembly CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=13.0.3500.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304 of een van de afhankelijkheden hiervan niet laden. Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

I have upgraded to CR 2020 and I have uploaded the reports into the SF. The path to the reports on disk is also still effective.

What do I wrong? Can anybody help?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 7 December 2020, 15:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Marco,

Which version of the Windows GUI are you using/testing with? 

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Sorry, I forgot to tell that. It is the windows GUI 2021.1

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Marco,

The Windows GUI 2021.1.10 does not support CR 2020 currently. I also got confirmed it's not planned nor on the roadmap to support this newer version. Feel free to create a topic in the Ideation section for this. If this idea would find implementation, it would be inside the Indicium service tier. 

Alternatively you could recreate your CR reports in DevExpress as Thinkwise supplies a DevExpress Report editor through TCP. I believe it has an option to import CR reports so it's more easy to recreate you reports. DevExpress is recommended by Thinkwise.

I hope this informed you sufficiently.

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

What version of CR is supported? I had a very old version (2008) and updated that to 2020. So I now can still go back to an older version.

Is some CR version still supported or do I have to switch to DevExpress Report editor?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Do you have the 13.0.25 Runtime installed? That one is required since 2019:

Crystal Reports · Thinkwise Docs (thinkwisesoftware.com)

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Marco,

More info on it here: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/deployment/reporting.html

Up to Service pack 25 should work properly.

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

You are all great. With Service pack 25 it works properly. Thanks a lot again.