Solved

Push via Indicium

• 4 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Is it somehow possible to receive a ‘push’ message via Indicium? E.g. when there's a new file available that a client could download.

For example when having a (C#) Windows Service that gets notified when there's new data available which he can download and process further, instead of continuously pulling for new data.

icon

Best answer by Jasper 10 August 2020, 09:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi René, 

Do I understand correctly that you want Indicium to send a message to this external web service? You can do this using a scheduled process flow, which checks for a specific condition and then sends a request using an HTTP connector.  

A list of currently supported process actions in scheduled flows can be found here.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi René, 

Do I understand correctly that you want Indicium to send a message to this external web service? You can do this using a scheduled process flow, which checks for a specific condition and then sends a request using an HTTP connector.  

A list of currently supported process actions in scheduled flows can be found here.

Hi, it's not really what I'm looking for. What we want is that a client only gets notified when he can download new files. For now we could do a ‘pull’ loop, for example each 5 minutes, but it would be nice this could be replaced by some kind of push mechanism, where the client only receives an update when there is actually an update.

The situation is that in the office some files are prepared and the status is set to ‘production’. When this happens, these files must taken into production: The files must be sent to the machine. Those files actually needed to be placed on a file share or disk. Please note that we don't use the Windows application, so existing file connectors cannot be used.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

What we want is that a client only gets notified when he can download new files.

You can notify this client using an HTTP connector in a scheduled process flow. Won’t that do the job?