Solved

Process flow not triggered after edit in grid

• 21 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I'm trying to execute a web service call after modifying a record. According to the documentation it can be done via a process flow using “Modify record”: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/process_flows.html#modify-record

It says the following:

This process action will also work in combination with modifications in the list. If this process action is not a start action, then the GUI will give preference to a form to deal with the action. If there is no form present, then the GUI will try to find a grid. If a record in the grid is modified, is successfully stored and there is a follow-up action that can be called, then a possible row switch action that handles the save of the data will be prevented.

Problem I'm having, is that when editing in grid the proces flow isn't triggered. It's triggered when adding or editing via form, and also when adding in grid it's triggered. But not when editing in grid.

What am I doing wrong?

I have the following process flow defined:

And this is what happens; the colum data_from_web should be filled each call with some sample data; (video/gif):

Please note i'm using the Windows GUI 2019.2.17 and noticed the same behaviour on the web gui with that version.

I've also tried to use “Edit in grid off” as a process flow step, but that doesn't work either (and should work I guess).

icon

Best answer by René W 21 January 2020, 13:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi René,

It more like a feature to us. Please post an idea at our community, so we could track who else is interested to add this to out products.

Regards Erik

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi, René,

We currently do not support process flows from edit actions from the editable grid indeed. Only on leaving grid edit mode.

Most of the times the row is saved by clicking on something else in the GUI, e.g. a task or another row, to save the left record. The GUI cannot decide what the GUI should choose to execute in this case.

We have to make a plan for this to support it.

Regards, Erik

Hi,

That's kind of a bummer:confused: . I can (partially) work-around by introducing the ‘form’, but it's not really appreciated when those are introduced everywhere. Certainly in master-detail grid, where as the detail is also a grid, where next to that also a form must be introduced.

Please note that it's a bit odd that it's not possible to start a process flow via an edit in grid, when reading the manual I guess it should.

Do I need to insert a TCP ticket for this?

Best regards, René

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi, René,

We currently do not support process flows from edit actions from the editable grid indeed. Only on leaving grid edit mode.

Most of the times the row is saved by clicking on something else in the GUI, e.g. a task or another row, to save the left record. The GUI cannot decide what the GUI should choose to execute in this case.

We have to make a plan for this to support it.

Regards, Erik