Solved

Prefilter on table variant

• 21 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
The knowledge base states that it's possible to put a prefilter on a table variant. I have a base table without any prefilters. I've then created a table variant but I don't have a task in SF to actually enable the prefilter config tab. The only tabs I can create are sort, filter and search. Then how are prefilters added to table variants?
icon

Best answer by Arjan Sollie 21 February 2019, 09:49

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hello Sharp,

The set of prefilters which are displayed within a subject variant, should be added on the base configuration of this subject. If you would like to hide a specific prefilter in your 'standard' subject, you should also create a variant which you will use as the standard display of you subject.

It is also possible to hide a prefilter on the standard display and enable this prefilter within a variant. However this will lead to unwanted issues, regarding the availability of this prefilter within this variant and therefor is not advised.
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
I added the prefilter to the base table first and left it off by default. In this particular case it's not necessary to hide it from the user. There is no prefilter bar in the screen type and it's ok to have it in the top bar. For the table variant I set the prefilter to "on and hidden". Works like a charm!