Solved

Parameter papersource when using the reporting service

• 23 April 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
When printing a report using the reporting service there's a parameter for the number of copies to print.

I'm missing a parameter to select the paper source (tray). I want to print some document on blanc paper and others on letterhead paper on the same printer.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Eric
icon

Best answer by Robbert van Tongeren 23 April 2019, 14:53

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi Eric,

The latest version of the Reporting service does exactly this, you can download the newest version (3.20) from TCP.

From the changelog: "Added support for specifying which paper source/tray to use on a printer through an optional printer_tray column in the rpt_get_reports procedure."
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Great, we'll upgrade!
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Hi Robbert,

In TCP I now can only download the documentation for version 3.10. Do you have a link for me to download the latest documentation?

Thanks
Userlevel 5
The manual is being worked on.

A short explanation:
Add a column 'printer_tray' to the result set of the procedure: 'rpt_get_reports'.

@Tim Waalewijn is working on the manual, when its ready we will post a link on here.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge
I forgot to post it here after it was done but the new reporting service manual is available at the following link https://office.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/docs/kb/report_service.html.