Solved

New screentype unavailable to select other screentypes on runtime

• 1 April 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge

We have created a new screentype. At design the Available for user preferences is checked.

When we log in in the web version and open a previous designed screentype we have options to change it to other screen types

As you can see the new Screentype FF_detail_tiles is unavailable to choose.

Also another problem is that when we set a specific table as default to the new screentype, another screentype can not be chosen

Is there somewhere an option that I overlooked, so that the new screentype is available to choose and when table is opened with the new screentype other screentypes can be chosen?

At the moment we use verion 2019.02

icon

Best answer by Stefan Bosman 1 April 2020, 14:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

The GUI compares the available screen types to the one the developer originally chooses. The list of options will be more short and we don't want to expose more data to the user.

Badge

Sorry I can choose some other screentypes (copies of some default screentypes). So why can I select those and why are there no screentypes available (even default ones) in a table that has the new designed screen type?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Could you clarify which components are present on the original screen types of these subjects?

And which components are present on the new added screen type `FF_detail_tiles`?

Badge

Most of the tables has the design of the first picture as ‘original screen type’ where we can select other screentypes

The second screen is the one where the screentype as original screen type is for some tables and where no other screentypes can not be selected:

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I assume one of the tabs in the upper screenshot contains detail subjects?

I think you found a bug in our mechanism to strip screen types which are not allowed. Seems like a tab page containing details is not matched with a detail tab component in another screen tree. 

Would you like to report a ticket in TCP for this?

Badge

I assume one of the tabs in the upper screenshot contains detail subjects?

I think you found a bug in our mechanism to strip screen types which are not allowed. Seems like a tab page containing details is not matched with a detail tab component in another screen tree. 

Would you like to report a ticket in TCP for this?

Ok thanks for the info. I will do that.