Solved

Maps component, example of a basic configuration

• 2 June 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Is there anyone who has a working example of the maps component? I find it quite difficult to Implement the functionality by trial and error, based on the documentation.

It would be nice to have a fully filled extender definition, plus the definition of a source table, including sample data.

icon

Best answer by Roel 2 July 2020, 10:51

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Harm,

See the image below for the configuration that is used for in the Insights application. 

The maps component is on the backlog to be fully integrated in the model later this year. Configuring will then become a lot easier.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey Harm,

For our Insights application we have a configured a maps extender that works. I mailed the XML to you, unfortunately the text was to long to post here.

The table in the SF looks like this:

If you need more info please let me know :)

Regards,

Roel

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Roel,

Thank you!

The domain definitions and some sample data, for the columns to which the extender has mappings, would help.

BR,

Harm

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Harm,

Have you managed to set up the maps component or do you need more assistance?

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi Jasper,

It is still challenging.

The explantion of the property is not clear.

‘The column which stores the type of entity for a certain entity on the map. The value of this column should map to the ID of an entry in MapEntities list.’

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey Harm,

This should be a column in your table/view which points to the entity configuration id's you've added in the extender. So in the view it looks like this:

In the extender the entity configurations look like this:

So the ‘Type column’ setting is mapped on 'map_entity_type’.

Hope this helps you out.

Kind Regards,

Roel