Solved

Is it possible to change the minimum height of a form?

• 14 March 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
In this case the form should only be a small status line at the bottom of the screen.
There is enough space to show the form, but if I resize the form I get the message "Increase the size of the form to view the data".

icon

Best answer by Erik Brink 18 March 2019, 08:53

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Hi André,

It is possible to give a screen component a fixed size within a modelled Screentype in the SF.

For this to work you should examine how the Screentype is build up by the dragged components on it. The direct related splitter, which places two components side by side on the screen, plays an essential part on this to work. One of the components on the splitter decides the splitter distance. The other end will take the rest of the available space within the working area.

You can use the marked size fields in the screenshot below to influence the splitter distance and accessibility.

Width or Height decides the splitter distance. Notice the Unit field to declare whether the splitter works with pixels or percentages. Whether width or height should be used depends on the direction of the related splitter component.

You can manage the splitter accessibility with the "fixed on resize" field. When enabled the component keeps its size and the splitter could be dragged by the user.

Bar components, like e.g. a prefilterbar or a combined filter, work this way by default. Bar components gets priority over other components like a grid or a form. For a splitter component without a bar component on it, components marked as "fixed on resize" gets priority. Else when both ends of the splitter contains sizable components, the order the components are dragged on to the ScreenType will decide which one is responsible for the splitter distance.

Example: in the screenshot, "Grid1" is selected. Notice that "Splitter12" manages the grid and a child splitter called "Splitter15". The priority goes to "Splitter15" in this case because it contains bar elements. Setting a custom size to "Grid1" will have no effect at all.

Notice that non "fixes on resize" splitters will write their distance back to IAM as User Preferences when enabled for the user.

I hope this will help you!

Kind Regards,
Erik Brink
Userlevel 4
Badge +14
Hi Erik,

Thanks for your quick response.
In my example there is no splitter between Grid1 and the Tabpage5. I tried to change the height for Tabbed5 and Tabbed5DetailTabPage5 before (like splitter4 and task1), but it has no effect. I tried to add a splitter, but that seems not possible.

Maybe a 'status line component' in a future release, refreshed like badges 🙂

Best regards,
André
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Hi André,

What component is on "Tabbed5DetailTabPage5"? From your initial question I assume it's a single form?

The splitter component you want to set the splitter distance fixed on is "Splitter7". Your thoughts to put the fixed size on "Tabbed5" are correct I think.

It may be "Grid1" is the splitter part to decide the splitter distance right now. You may try to modify that one to investigate.
If so, model this part of the ScreenType again by adding both components in a different order.
If not, it seems like an issue for the tabcontrol not listening to the configured sizes, which you can report to TCP.

Great idea about the new component. Maybe for now TSFSendMessage may help you sending the message to the Infopanel at the bottom of the screen. You may open a separate discussion for this on your community.

Regards Erik
Userlevel 4
Badge +14
Hi Erik,

The detail tab contains a single form with information about the active operator and task. I have to create a detail tab because the information is not directly related to the subject (no reference columns).

When I change "Grid1", it makes the detail smaller, but the form does not fit (
"Increase the size of the form to view the data"). I also tried to change settings of the subject shown in the detail tab, but that has no effect.

Regards,
André
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Hi André,

What about the visibility of the form buttons?

I think the form reserves room for them pushing the form controls away, which causes this message.

Regards,
Erik
Userlevel 4
Badge +14
Hi Erik,

The buttons are already hided. It looks more that the space on the top is 'reserved'. I also tried the 'Default subject height' for the detail subject, but that has no effect.
I created an issue in TCP.

Regards,
André
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
There is nothing to size in the detail subject with a single component on it. The single component will take 100% of the available space.

No fields hidden by the layout SP I hope? These will reserve space as well in case they become visible again.

If not, please report an issue for this subject to TCP.
Userlevel 4
Badge +14
There is no layout procedure for this subject. I reported an issue in TCP. Thanks Erik!