Solved

How to show SVG as image in cardlist column?

• 9 November 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge +3

Is it possible to show SVG as image in a cardlist column? We have a column with a SVG-element. But when i use this column in a cardlist, the SVG-element is not translated to an image. It shows the SVG-element code instead of the image.

We are using the latest version of the Universal GUI (v1.5.2).

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 10 November 2020, 09:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Badge +3

Hi Mark,

I've submitted a ticket in TCP.

Kind regards,
Ramon

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Ramon,

The menu can’t be hidden at this moment. When the domain control type is set to Image Upload, it will show the menu. Feel free to create a topic in the Ideation section for this. You will have my upvote :wink:  

If it's critical it is possible to submit a ticket in TCP.

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Badge +3

Hi Mark,

We have a solution for now. We've used a "Image upload” field, as you pointed out. The image is now being shown as the main card list image.

Using this, an extra button on the right side of the card list is shown. It's a button with three dots to download the SVG image. Is it possible to hide this button? We don't want to use this functionality.

I've already tried to set the option "Show action button” to "Never” on the used domain, but the button is still visible.

Kind regards,
Ramon

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Goodmorning Ramon, 

I have talked with the developers of the Universal GUI and heard that it is not (yet) possible to translate a <svg> to to an image, unless it's an [Image upload] field.

Also it is not possible currently to show an image at that place. Only the thumbnail of the Cardlist can be an image.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Badge +3

It is not a file that is used. The value of the column is an XML-string with the SVG-element.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

What we notice is that the column you use is also used as Preview column, otherwise you should see the filename of the SVG. Could you try having the column not be a preview column?

Badge +3

This is the response what i'm getting. The SVG-element code is correct. This is wat is shown in Universal:

I'm expecting the image here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Ramon,

The format of the file shouldn't be any problem. Could you try using the Browser tools to see if you see any errors appearing? If you look in the HTML code, do you see the picture placed? and could you verify that Indicium does try to obtain the SVG via the Network tab? And if possible, could you attach the SVG in question?

With this info we can find the exact cause :wink:

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling