Solved

How can I show a graph for an editable cube?

• 23 May 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
I want to show a cube and graph for an editable cube, to be able to show the details (tab) of the selected cel in the cube. Is this possible?
icon

Best answer by Erik Brink 27 May 2019, 09:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Hi André,

Seems like you suggest 2 different features, am I right?
  • Show a graph component on the same subject as the editable cube is on.
  • Show detail data of the selected (editable) cell in the cube.
If you like to discuss both missing or not working features, I think its better to create a second topic.

Please clarify your question a bit.

Regards,
Erik Brink
Userlevel 4
Badge +14
Hi Erik,

It's actually one feature.
It is possible to show detail data of a selected cell in a detail tab with an editable cube.
But it seems not possible to show the graph with an editable cube.

In this case I don't want to edit values in the cube (columns are read only). The values are aggregated for a period (performance). I want to be able to show the cube and graph and select a value in the cube to show more details in a detail tab with an additional cube (drill down one period).

Best regards,
André
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Hi André,

• Show detail data of the selected (editable) cell in the cube.
So, I understand, this feature works as expected.

• Show a graph component on the same subject as the editable cube is on.
The GUI now prevents showing a graph component decide an cube component which is configured as editable. I think it's a legit wish to be able to show a chart now.

We have to think about the correct moment to refresh the data of the graph after editing a value in cube component.

Nowadays the SF develop could choose to place both or one of the components on the screen using the Screen Modeler of de SF.

Could you please create a topic in the Ideas area of this community?

Best regards,
Erik