Solved

Difference in preview component Web vs. Windows

• 5 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

We created a report in which we want to retrieve some images we uploaded in the application. The images are saved in the application folder where the service account has full rights. We can approach the image in the windows and web GUI by pressing the download button. However, when we create the report the previewer in the Web-GUI seems not to retrieve the image properly. Does the dev-express reporting previewer expect access in a different way in the web-gui? I expect this to be the same for web and windows. 

web
windows

icon

Best answer by Erik Brink 5 November 2019, 16:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Raj,

I expect the service account to access the file from the file-system indeed. 

Is the Web GUI able to show the uploaded image in the GUI at all? In the upload control of the form for example? Then you know it's not an issue due to access rights.

Regards,

Erik

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Raj,

I expect the service account to access the file from the file-system indeed. 

Is the Web GUI able to show the uploaded image in the GUI at all? In the upload control of the form for example? Then you know it's not an issue due to access rights.

Regards,

Erik

When i use the dowload button we do get the file in our download folder. Does this mean the difference between Web and Windows has to be investigated by you, or are there other parts we might want to look at.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Yes, we have to investigate this.

Please create a TCP ticket for it. It would be helpful if you append a little sample project for us.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Erik, i created issue 72672 in TCP. Are there any updates yet? We need this to work because our customer only uses the Web GUI.