Solved

Delete a file from folder

• 5 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
I need to perform a delete action in a folder on my server, similar to what is described as the process action 'delete file'. Only for me it won't be executed in a process flow. Is it possible to use the same code (call the same procedure) which the process action 'delete file' is using or do i have to write my own call to the command shell.
icon

Best answer by Jasper 6 March 2019, 11:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
It depends on when you want the action to be called and where you want to call it from. The 'Delete file' process action can only be called from a process flow. It is not a procedure on the database which can be called from a trigger, for instance. However, you might be able to chain it to an 'Add row' or 'Execute task' process action to achieve a similar result. It really depends on the situation.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
The action will be executed without the use of the proces flow functionality. This leaves me one option i guess, deleting the file in a stored procedure.

And since the process action 'delete file' can't be called upon from within the procedure is have to build this myself. Can you confirm this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Raj,

You can indeed delete files from a stored procedure with, for example, xp_cmdshell on SQL Server. We do advise you to use a proxy account for security reasons. Also note that this will not work on Azure Databases.

We are working on a feature to be able to execute process flows from Indicium. This will be the recommended solution in the future.