Solved

Badge

• 18 July 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
We have two badges. We see both of them in the debug when starting the application. One badge starts repeating conform the settings when activating the subject and stops when i close the subject, The other starts repeating immediately without starting the subject

How can I prevent the repeating of the second badge ?
icon

Best answer by Henk Nicolai 18 July 2019, 15:47

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi eurban, does the second badge appear in a menu or a tile somewhere?
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
no, just start the application , the difference between the two badge's one starts with variant_id = null the other variant_id with value

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi eurban, I'm surprised that whether or not a badge stored procedure is called seems to depend on whether or not the subject is activated. The expected behavior is that badges are called for items in a menu. As all menu items are collapsed in the tree menu in the screenshot, I cannot confirm if this is the case, but can I safely assume that 'planning_monteur' can be chosen from the menu in the screenshot?

I can think of two reasons why the 'klacht' badge does not repeat. One is that it has a badge interval of 0, which prevents it from repeating. The other is that the subject cannot be chosen directly from the menu on the left, but shows up somewhere else, like in a detail.

If the 'planning_monteur' subject can be chosen from the menu, could you try setting its badge interval to 0, and tell me what happens? Thank you.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Hi Henk,
Thanks for de explanation, I understand now the behavior. Indeed ‘klacht’ is a detail and ‘planning_monteur’ is menu itmen. Can I prevent ‘planning_monteur’ from starting until it is chosen
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi eurban,

The 'planning_monteur' badge stored procedure is called to check if a badge must be shown at the menu item, even before the item is actually selected. Unfortunately we don't currently have an option in the model to disable the badge in the menu item while showing it in the subject screen.

You can however prevent it from being called more than once if you set its badge interval to 0. Hope that helps.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Hi Henk

Thanks