Solved

ApexSQL Refactor and Software Factory

• 15 February 2019
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Free tool supporting many styles of code, integrated in SSMS. Users can create and share formatting profiles.

Anybody has experience with leveraging this for uniform SQL coding style and thus easy cooperation between different developers?
icon

Best answer by Robert Jan de Nie 18 February 2019, 11:57

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5
I have started using this tool at my projects and like it very much. It ensures the use of consistent formatting between developers. From what I have experienced it is the best (free) tool to use, due to the SSMS integration.

If you are interested in the config file I use, let me know. For some reason I cannot post it here.

The only thing I haven't solved yet is the alignement of the AND in where clauses. It adds in a tab I personally do not like. 😞
I am using this plug-in too. I completely agree with Robert Jan, also about the "AND-issue".

I use this plug-in a lot when I look at queries from the GUI-debugger.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I am using this plug-in too. I completely agree with Robert Jan, also about the "AND-issue".

I use this plug-in a lot when I look at queries from the GUI-debugger.

Do you use a certain profile in ApexSQL? If you have one that matches the Thinkwise SQL Conventions, I'd like to recieve it.
Here is a formatting that comes close to our SQL Conventions. However, it seems not possible to meet them completely...
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
@Frank Wijnhout how do you add files to your reply? I can do links, but not files 😞

Userlevel 5
Badge +5
I dont seem to have that option. @Moller Toma you know what's up?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11
@Robert Jan de Nie

Has the problem already been solved?

Please send an e-mail to community@thinkwisesoftware.com in the future.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
The upload icon is invisible to me.
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
@Moller Toma yes 🙂
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I used PoorMansTSqlFormatter before. This is the real deal I noticed 🙂 Thxs for the tip @Lars Berntrop

.. and uhhh no upload icon for me to @Moller Toma 😙
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
@Jaap van Beusekom I'm in discussion with the supplier to see what's going on.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
The problem due to upload icon is solved
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Jaap van Beusekom We have looked at PoorMansTSqlFormatter in the past, but its AGPL license prohibits the use of this library in non-AGPL software.

However, Apex is working on a CLI for the ApexSQL Refactor 2019 version. We will definitely keep an eye on this!
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
@Jasper PoorManTSqlFormatter? What's that? 😁
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Another SQL formatter. Maybe for poor people? 😁

I have tried that one as well, but found apex to work better for me. Also I don't know if it can be integrated in SSMS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I used PoorMansTSqlFormatter before.

@Jasper PoorManTSqlFormatter? What's that? 😁

@Jaap van Beusekom 😕