Solved

Web GUI login logo not showing up from IAM

• 11 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +9

I’m trying to get the IAM login logo to show up in the Web GUI. I use SF 2020.2 with all hotfixes applied and using Web GUI 2020.2.22. In the IAM i did configure the Login Logo in the Global Settings → Login → Logo and uploaded a file. I also invalidated the caches.

The Web GUI still displays the Thinkwise Logo.

I know that this setting is available with the settings.ini file, but i try to keep all my application data together in the database. I have not specified an ApplicationLoginLogo property in the settings.ini file.

Am i doing something wrong here, or is this functionality not available yet in the Web GUI?

icon

Best answer by Erik Brink 11 November 2020, 13:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

The first time you visit the login page after a (re)start of the web-app, there has not been any connection to the IAM database yet. That's the situation where the ini-file settings comes in.

Can you confirm the logo is shown correctly after the first login?

Badge +9

I can confirm that the logo that i specified in the IAM is not displayed after i logout and try to login again. The thinkwise logo is still being displayed.

Great tip that the ini file is used before there is a connection to the IAM. i didn’t know that.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hey all,

I have had a similar issue (TCP issue 76993). You can try to set the logo via the extended properties (same as you will store in the .ini file). However, after setting those your browser will sometimes fall back to the old image (cache issue). Try removing the cache from browser for this webpage.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Thanks Arjan!

That's true. Once the browser noticed an image/icon is not accessible on your development PC is will remember that.

You could clear your browser cache after fixing the link to images or always test the Web GUI in incognito mode.