Solved

Synchronizing could not be started

• 31 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

When I execute the task “Synchronize to IAM” I get the following error:

Synchronizing could not be started. User 'Rene W' is synchronizing project 'PROJECT', version '123.4' since 2020-08-31 13:50:09.

How can I fix this? The project version is new and I cannot remember that I've started synchronizing before.

icon

Best answer by Jeroen van den Belt 1 September 2020, 09:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Can you check in execution run if there is a sync that might have failed? 

select * 
from execution_run 
where execution_run_status <> 2
order by insert_date_time desc

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

There should now be a button available at Project Overview > Project versions > Reset lock. When using that, the Lock will be released.

(Jeroen's answer is the one you're looking for :wink: )

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello René,

The button Mark is referring to is meant to reset generation locks for a project version. If I understand you correctly, you are dealing with a synchronization lock. There is no need to execute queries to detect or solve the lock, everything you need can be found on the History tab page in the synchronization screen. Also see our docs: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/synchronization.html#history.

This states:

“If a synchronization aborts unexpectedly the status will remain Active, resulting in a lock. This lock occurs because it is not possible to perform more than one synchronization for a project version at the same time. To reset this lock, the Reset synchronization lock task can be used. The status will then change from Active to Error.”

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Thanks, the reset resolved it. The record was caused by a freeze while generating a deployment package, because there were only some translations changed (tcp #75814, should be fixed in SF 2021.1). This only happens when there are minor changes and you’re generating using ‘smart’ method.

Because the SF freezed, I forced the application to close via task manager, causing this record in history.