Solved

IAM - update only the (Cristal Reports) report file

• 4 December 2020
  • 2 replies

I am working on a Crystal Reports report in the branch of a project.

The parameters have not changed, ondly the internal report definition.

I would like to push just the new report file to IAM at the customers site for testing. I have put this report in a separate module to be able to generate a deployment package for just this report and its dependencies.

The deployment package is created for the branch project, but at the customer site I only have the trunk available. I am not sure either whether the altered report file is included. There is a line of some 6 million hexadecimal characters under ‘exect sync_report’, that could include the report file (it's less than half a megabyte in size).

I know I could ask the testers to drop the altered version of the rpt-file in their cache folder, but that can only go wrong in the long (if not short) run.

What is the easiest way to offer testers at the clients site an updated version of the report, that does not involve merging the branch and synchronising the whole project?

The platform version is 2020.2, on Windows.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 10 December 2020, 17:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Boudewijn,

An uploaded report is part of the Model that is synced. Syncing only part of it is currently on the backlog for the 2021.2 release. So I'm afraid you will have to synchronize the whole branch.

Is it possible to synchronize the branch to their IAM and only give testers authorization? That way they can test the new report and not altering an active project.

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the suggestion.

For the time being I think I will go with giving the users instructions on how to manually replace the report file in the cache-directory.

For future reference, that would be

C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Local\Thinkwise Software\GUI\{nameofgui}\Cache\Images\{prject_projectversion}\Report\{nameofreport.rpt}