Solved

How to use extended property 'ShowLoginInfo'

• 5 June 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20
I tried to not show database details to end users in the production environment by adding the extended property 'ShowLoginInfo' with a value 'No' to a Runtime Configuration called 'PROD'.

In the INI file the setting 'Configuration' with value 'PROD' was also added.

Finally it did not work in the Windows GUI.

Any ideas, how to solve this?
icon

Best answer by Henk Nicolai 6 June 2019, 15:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi Harm, have you tried removing the "ExecutionMode = developer" line from the INI as well as the global extended properties?

I agree that the ShowLoginInfo setting should also work, I'll add this as a bug to our issues list.
Userlevel 5
Badge +20
In production environments I always add "ExecutionMode = runtime" to settings.ini
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I expect that a fix for the ShowLoginInfo property in Windows will be released next Tuesday in version 2019.1.13.
Userlevel 5
Badge +20
Ok, great! Thank you.

I suppose it also becomes available in next version of the WebGUI?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
No, unfortunately not. The fix I talked about makes sure that the behavior of the Windows GUI matches that of the Web GUI, since extended properties should have the same effect in either GUI. ShowLoginInfo = false hides information on the login page (and soon the Windows splash screen), but shouldn't affect anything else.

However, in end-user mode ('ExecutionMode = runtime') I agree that no sensitive information should be leaked. I think this includes database name, host name, project, and project version - but not the logged in user. Is there anything else that should be included in this list?
Userlevel 5
Badge +20
I think the list is OK.

The name of database and host should also not be visible in the title bar of the window and not in the about screen.

A related wish (related to this):

Instead of showing the database and hostname, I would show the project_id and the project_vrs_id behind Product in the 'About' screen.

Also the version number of the SF is helpful information to have in the 'About screen'?