Solved

How to use color domain to color the data inserted?

• 8 November 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have created a table where there are different types of stands and they have different color code. 

I have a cloumn where you create a stand type and specify the color to that stand. 

I do know how to use conditional formating but conditional formating is for static data and only developer can assign the color. 

I want the end user to enter the stand type and the color code which will be assigned to the stands in master tab and detailed tabs or views where ever the stands will be displayed.

icon

Best answer by Vincent Doppenberg 11 November 2019, 13:46

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

This is not possible right now, but we could expand the conditional layout feature with the ability to use a column reference for the font/background color, instead of a static value. If you think this is a good idea, then please submit it here so people can vote on it.

It is possible to specify conditional layouts per table variant. This allows you to predefine various conditional layout colors, create a detail for each conditional layout and then show/hide the correct detail with a context procedure, based on a choice made by the user. This only works for details though, so I don't think it can fully solve your issue.