Solved

Error: Invalid object name 'project_vrs'.

• 30 June 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11
I created a new project, generated it, executed it. I want to start the application but keep getting this error: Invalid object name 'project_vrs'. I am using the SF, not IAM.

Help is appreciated, since I have no clue...
icon

Best answer by Anne Buit 2 July 2019, 16:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11
Hi Anne,

Thanks for the help. I used the wrong database name, my mistake :-(
If all solutions were this simple... 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Hi Hugo,

It sounds like the GUI is having trouble loading the model from the Software Factory.

Can you verify whether the INI file is configured correctly? You mentioned you changed the server and database in the INI file. However, only the project and version should have been changed in the INI file.

The INI file should only contain the database name and server of the Software Factory database, as the server and database of the product are loaded from the runtime configuration.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Hi Hugo,

Thanks for the answers. I'm not sure where the problem is located. "Invalid object name 'project_vrs'" normally means that the application can't find the object and thus gives this error. This error also occurs when you add a table to a development version and then try and open the table in the application without creating the table in the database.

So I think something might be wrong in the Software Factory database. I don't think it has something to do with Rights and authorization. Maybe @Jasper or @Anne Buit can help out since they know about everything about the Thinkwise software.

Hope they can help you out. 🤞🏼

Kind regards,
Mark
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
Hi Mark,

The error appears when I try to start the application. I am using SF2018.2 and GUI 2018.3.20. We have several projects and that combination works fine. I copied the .ini from a working application and used the same directories. I only changed project / database name in the .ini, so I think there should be no problem in that area.

I validated the project and only have a few info's, no warnings and/or errors. I have a four tables with a few columns and a few references. In the mean time I have created a new version (1.01): it didn't change anything.

I am not sure what you mean by an active project version, but the latest version has developer status.

Stack trace:
at Thinkwise.Data.SqlClient.TSFSqlClientConnectionBase.CreateReader(SqlConnectionStringBuilder connectionStringBuilder, Action`1 commandInitializer, String effectiveUserId, Dictionary`2 sessionVariables, Action`1 onInfoMessage)
at Thinkwise.Data.SqlClient.TSFSqlClientSF160MetaConnection.SetGUIParametersSF(PlatformType platformType, TSFApplication application, String runtimeConfiguration)
at Thinkwise.Data.SqlClient.TSFSqlClientDeveloperApplicationManager.LoadApplications(TSFSession session)
at Thinkwise.Login.ApplicationManagerConnector.ConnectWithoutApplicationContent(TSFSession session)
at Thinkwise.Login.ApplicationManagerConnector.Connect(TSFSession session)
at Thinkwise.Login.LoginDialog.connect(TSFLoginInfo loginInfo, Boolean showSplashScreen)
at Thinkwise.Login.LoginDialog.Confirm()
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Hey Hugo,

I tried to replicate your error but couldn't find out how to replicate it. Some questions do raise to my mind:
  • Do you get the error when trying to open the application you just created or when you try to open the Software Factory? Normally 'project_vrs' is a table in the Software Factory and should be present in the SF database.
  • Which version of the SF and GUI are you using?
  • Did you validate your project before executing all the code to create a database? There might be a validation in 'Validate definition' that tries to warn you beforehand.
  • Did you create any tables, views, tasks or is it just an empty environment?
  • Does your project have an active project version?
Hopefully we and the community can help you out and making sure your application will run smoothly.

Kind regards,
-Mark