Solved

A server error occurred universal login

• 15 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I got my environment setup in azure and the universal login screen is approachable from every IP, the way it should work.

The problem is when i want to login. From my home network is working just fine i can login and nothing happens. If I login from my work network then I get the message 'A server error occurred’. This also ocurred when a partner from his home try to login with the same user.

I hope someone knows why this happens and how to fix this!

icon

Best answer by Anne Buit 24 December 2020, 08:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Romario,

Browser developer tool(F12) is your best friend in this cases. On the network tab you can validate the requests send to Indicium. When a specific request returns 500 from Indicium you should inspect the logging of Indicium. 

Errors in the range of 4xx often means that Indicium is not reachable or authentication fails.

Regards, Erik

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Erik, 

So I looked into that and found some weird erros about CORS policy. The thing i don't understand is why it only happens from my work pc. I would get that there is something wrong if it happens everywhere. I just did the update of the universal and indicium. 

These are the errors I get, I hope somebody can help!

Regards,

Romario

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Romario,

This error may occur when the Indicium that is used by the Universal GUI is placed on a different web domain. Please ensure both Indicium and Universal are on the same domain. More info in the docs.

If this error only occurs on a single machine, please perform a hard refresh on the browser and clear the cache - perhaps the cached login configuration is pointing to the wrong Indicium. You can also try an incognito window to circumvent this.